Advertisements

SUZIEBEAUTY BY SUZIE WOKABI

I know i haven't blogged in a while but that's because am doing a crazy shift at work, that not withstanding i made time to have a chat with one Suzie Wokabi,a renowned Kenyan make up artist with a cosmetics line coming up soon.So friendly,welcoming,and when i asked her for an interview,she readily agreed Here's what went on :

 

gfk:Who is Suzie Wokabi?
Susan Wokabi :I am a wife, mother, daughter and entrepreneur. I am also a beauty professional who is very passionate about what I do.

gfk: How did you get into cosmetics

SW : I worked for some major cosmetics brands in the US (most important being MAC) and loved it so much, I took a course in Media Make-up and started developing a career from it.

gfk:How has the journey been like
SW : It has been wonderful yet very challenging. I am now running a business and developing a brand, and it has been 2 years in the making. I have learned more than I ever thought existed in terms of business.

gfk: Do you use your make up when called in as a makeup artist or do people have their own preferred make up brand?
SW : I have a sample line of my product that I have been using for a year and a half – I use my product on all the work I do. Most people just trust me and let me use what I want to, very rarely do they come with their own foundation or powder.

gfk:What is the one thing that you think distinguishes your brand from the rest!
SW : There are many things but if I had to pick one, it is the quality people will get for the price they get that is the main distinction. Great quality, affordable pricing.

gfk:Where do you draw your inspiration from? I can imagine this hasn’t been easy for you
SW : My inspiration comes from my passion. I love make-up and everything about it. I’m one of those people that must do something I love in order for me to be dedicated to it. This career and business was my only choice I think!

gfk: Most ladies know very little about make up brands, they go for big names. What is your advice?
SW : Great question. Price is important. If anything is too cheap, you must question what ingredients are in it that are so cheap and most likely dangerous for you. Big names don’t necessarily mean great product so it’s a lot about testing what works for you.


gfk: Do you conduct cosmetics clinic?
SW : I do a lot of personal consultations and teach individuals what works for them and how to apply make-up for themselves, and give them skin care advice.

gfk:On a normal day what’s your face routine like?
SW : I cleanse, tone and moisturize my face morning and night. I apply a full face of make-up on a daily basis and must make sure that I never sleep with it on!

gfk: If we took a sneak peek into your bag, what are we likely to find?
SW : In my handbag, you would find my favorite SuzieBeauty concealer, my MAC blot powder, and a few lip glosses. My make-up bag at home that I use to put on for every day has my SB foundation and powder, a few eye shadows for choice (mostly earth tone shades), mascara, eye liner and blush. Oh, and of course the all important brushes for application!

gfk: Do you stock your products in Kenya? And where?
SW : I will be launching the products in a few months and I will be able to tell you closer to the time where to find the line.

gfk:How is the Kenyan market in taking in new brands?
SW : The Kenyan market, based on my research, is very open to new brands. Women have not had affordable product that is good, and that’s really all they want. A lot of women I have asked are not so much interested in the name of the brand but what the product can do for them.

gfk: Beauty tips to live by?
SW : Take the time to wear basic make-up every day – this can just include a powder, eye liner and lip gloss if you don’t want to go the whole nine yards. But the point is, do a little something, it makes all the difference.

gfk: What next for Suzie?
SW : Well once I launch the product in Nairobi, and a few major towns in Kenya, I would like to distribute it Africa-wide. The sky IS the limit!

  I cant wait for the launch,am dying to try out the products...check out her website http://www.suziebeauty.com/     and her blog  http://blog.suziebeauty.com/


Have a beautiful one,
Cynthia Mwangi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review